MREs, or meals ready to eat, are a new way to get your meals on the go. They’re a convenient and portable way to stay fed without having to spend time cooking or cleaning up afterwards.The idea for MREs came about during World War II when soldiers needed a way to have their food ready-to-eat at all times. The military experimented with different ways of keeping food fresh and palatable while still being portable, which led them to create MREs.
The contents of each pack vary depending on what’s happening with our military forces at any given time. But generally speaking, MREs contain a main course such as meat or pasta; some form of bread or cracker; a side dish like fruit or vegetables; some sort of dessert; a drink powder; utensils; salt, pepper, sugar packets; a spoon and fork set (or sometimes just one fork); matches or flint striker; matches or flint striker replacement pieces; and toilet paper (just kidding about that last one!).
Why You Should Stock Up On MREs
- First, they’re convenient. MREs are ready-to-eat meals that can be stored for years without refrigeration, so you can bring them with you wherever you go. Plus, they’re lightweight, so you don’t have to worry about lugging around multiple bags of food when you travel.
- Second, they’re easy to store. MREs come in small packages that can fit almost anywhere—on a shelf or under your bed! In fact, some people even keep them in their glove compartment.
- Thirdly—and this is my favorite part—mre taste good! The meals have been tested by the military for years, so not only do they have the nutritional value you need but also the flavor profiles that will keep you coming back for more.
- They don’t go bad! So if you have some extra space in your garage or basement that could be used as storage space, why not fill it with MREs? You never know when you might need them!
Buying Guide For Top Quality MREs
There are a lot of places to get MREs, and they’re all different. Some are cheap, some are expensive. But, what makes them different from each other?
- The quality of the food is the first thing to consider when you’re looking for MREs. If you want your MREs to be tasty, then you should look for ones that have real food in them—not just freeze-dried ingredients. Make sure there’s enough meat in there so that you can actually enjoy a full meal when eating your MRE.
- You should also take into account how long your MREs will last before they expire or go bad. Some companies claim theirs last forever while others say they only last a couple years before they become unsafe to eat. The truth is somewhere in the middle—the longer an MRE lasts after being opened and exposed to oxygen (and even sunlight), the better it will taste and more nutritious it will be for you.